As a viscoadaptive OVD, the HEALON5® OVD combines the best features of both our dispersive and cohesive OVDs. Designed for safety and control during phacoemulsification and precision lens implantation, the HEALON5® OVD delivers outstanding protection every step of the way.
The HEALON5® OVD behaves as both a dispersive and cohesive.
- Cohesive properties provide space creation and anterior chamber maintenance
- Dispersive properties deliver outstanding endothelial cell protection during phaco
- Helps to ensure safe and precise capsulorhexis,1 phacoemulsification1,2 and lens placement2
- Holmen JB, Lundgren B. Scheimpflug photography study of ophthalmic viscosurgical devices during simulated cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg.2003;29:568-574.
- Tetz MR, Holzer MP, Lundberg K, Auffarth GU, Burk ROW, Kruse FE. Clinical results of phacoemulsification with the use of HEALON5 or VISCOAT. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2001;27:416–420.