SHARPEST CONTINUOUS VISION
Delivering excellent uncorrected visual acuity (VA) at all distances,1 the TECNIS Symfony® IOL allows your patients to see clearly across a full range of vision.
6-Month Data, Bilaterally Implanted Subjects
- Sustained 20/25 or better mean VA through 1.5 D
- Sustained 20/40 or better mean VA through 2.5 D
- Increase of 1.0 D range of vision throughout the defocus curve
Rather than splitting light into distinct focal points, the TECNIS Symfony® IOL elongates focus, resulting in an increased depth of field. This empowers you to deliver a full range of continuous vision while maintaining high image contrast.
Monocular Contrast Sensitivity at 6 Months1
Mesopic without Glare
Deliver the visual quality that allows your patients with and without astigmatism to see clearly in any lighting condition.
- High-quality distance vision in the presence of astigmatism2
- Pupil-independent performance enables optimal performance in any lighting condition1
- Low overall spectacle wear1
The TECNIS Symfony® IOL delivers 20/20 or better vision through 1.5 D of astigmatism.1
85% of patients wear glasses none or a little bit of the time.1
By combining a unique diffractive pattern with achromatic technology, the TECNIS Symfony® IOL delivers outstanding visual acuity over a continuous range of distances while maintaining high contrast performance.
- Proprietary relief profile elongates focus1
- Proprietary achromatic technology corrects chromatic aberration and enhances image contrast1
Degree of Difficulty with Visual Symptoms1
Percentage of Eyes, Non-Directed Reports, 6 Months Postoperative
Low incidence of visual symptoms, including halos, glare and starbursts1
Unlike another leading IOL, TECNIS® IOL material is not associated with glistenings,3-7which can inhibit your patients’ vision. Glistenings cause light scatter, which can result in a reduction in image contrast.4-8
*Value theoretically derived for a typical 22.0 D lens. Johnson & Johnson Vision recommends that surgeons personalize their A-constant based on their surgical techniques and equipment, experience with the lens model and postoperative results.
- TECNIS Symfony® Extended Range of Vision IOLs DFU. Santa Ana, Calif. Abbott Medical Optics Inc.
- Data on File. Abbott Medical Optics Inc. 2016.
- Data on File. Abbott Medical Optics Inc. 2013.
- Nagata M, et al. Clinical evaluation of the transparency of hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lens optics. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010 Dec;36(12):2056-2060.
- Christiansen G, et al. Glistenings in the AcrySof® intraocular lens: Pilot study. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2001; 27(5):728-733.
- Colin J, et al. Incidence of glistenings with the latest generation of yellow- tinted hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012; 38:(7)1140-1146.
- Gunenc U, et al. Effects on visual function of glistenings and folding marks in AcrySof® intraocular lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2001; 27(10):1611-1614.
- Van der Mooren M, Franssen L, Piers P. Effects of glistenings in intraocular lenses. Biomed Opt Express. 2013;4(8):1294-304.
- Calculated based on Holladay I formula: Holladay JT, Prager TC, Chandler TY, Musgrove KH, Lewis JW, Ruiz RS. A three-part system for refining intraocular lens power calculations. J Cataract Refract Surg. 1988;14(1):17-24.