WHITESTAR SIGNATURE® PRO PHACOEMULSIFICATION SYSTEM
Easing the Pressure
The BAERVELDT® BG 103-250, BAERVELDT® BG 101-350 and BAERVELDT® Pars Plana BG 102-350 Glaucoma Implants
Provide pressure control with a minimally invasive BAERVELDT® Glaucoma Implant. Its fenestration system is designed to control bleb height and volume while a patented larger surface area enhances IOP control. When traditional glaucoma therapy can’t help the rising IOP, provide control with a BAERVELDT® Glaucoma Implant.
Large plate implants, such as BAERVELDT® Implants, facilitate aqueous outflow to help provide IOP control.
Allows improved aqueous filtration
Maximizes pressure relief
BAERVELDT® Implants only require single-quadrant insertion, allowing for better IOP control than competing implants.4,5
The BAERVELDT® Implants’ patented bleb control mechanism allows fibrotic tissue growth through the fenestrations in the plate, controlling bleb height and volume.
Minimizes the likelihood of ocular motility disturbances
Helps ensure a low profile for better globe fit
With the WHITESTAR SIGNATURE® PRO System, you have the clinical flexibility you need to confidently apply your technique and empower your approach in each moment.
Proactive IOP Management with Automatic Occlusion Sensing
The WHITESTAR SIGNATURE® PRO System continuously works behind the scenes to monitor intraocular pressure (IOP) and proactively adjusts to maintain IOP, freeing you to focus on the subtleties of each case.
- Monitors vacuum levels throughout the case
- Optimizes power settings for enhanced control and improved efficiency
- Anticipates pressure changes and proactively responds to occlusion breaks
- Protects the chamber during post-occlusion surge
12% less change in IOP than the CENTURION® System, 51% less than the INFINITI® Vision System*
67% faster IOP recovery than the CENTURION® System, 74% faster than the INFINITI® Vision System**
On-Demand Fluidics with Peristaltic, Venturi or Combination Pump Capabilities
Choose the flow that fits your demands and desires. Expertly use your preferred technique from patient to patient or within an individual case.
- Peristaltic: Holdability and intraoperative control
- Venturi: Followability and improved efficiency2
- On-demand transition: Efficiency at every step
Ultrasound Efficiency with the ELLIPS® FX Handpiece
The ELLIPS® FX Handpiece balances power and control so you get smooth, efficient cutting while protecting the eye.
- Ultrasound moves continuously in three dimensions for power and followability
- Smooth, efficient cutting with minimal clogging
- Reduced heat generated at the incision3
- Less corneal edema4
- Lower endothelial cell loss4
- Compatibility with all Johnson & Johnson Vision phaco tips
n both blocked and unblocked conditions, elliptical energy management maintains significantly cooler temperatures than the competitor handpiece.5
SURGICAL SUITE OPTIMIZATION
Complement your process in and out of the OR with performance insights and customizability to empower the way you phaco.
Optimize your process management and inform your technique. The Cataract Analysis and Settings Application (CASA) delivers a practice-eye-level view with mobile analytics and case insights.
- Give surgeons and administrators a holistic view of the practice
- Wirelessly connect and share data across multiple WHITESTAR SIGNATURE®PRO Systems
- Gain a tailored understanding by filtering based on date, surgeon or other criteria
- Refine your process and learn from each case with easily digestible charts
- Easily import and export surgical parameters and data to share with colleagues
The High-Definition Surgical Media Center (HD-SMC) lets you record your cases in high resolution so you can review and refine your technique or share your approach with others.
- Save and share videos with your colleagues
- Use as a teaching and demonstration tool
- Record comprehensive case data
- Create customized presentations and surgical overlays
Engineered for usability and versatility, the WHITESTAR SIGNATURE® PRO System delivers a user-focused experience — no matter your technique or workflow.
- Advanced Linear Pedal: Wireless control for responsiveness and efficiency in each case
- Simplified graphical user interface: Simple, intuitive navigation and display
- Wireless remote control: Convenience and control for all modes and settings
- Vitrectors: Support for your preferences with three high-speed, disposable options
- Universal cautery connectors: Streamlined integration with compatibility across most commercially available cautery cords
*Change in pressure from steady state to post-occlusion surge trough
**Change in time from post-occlusion surge trough back to steady state
CENTURION and INFINITI are trademarks of Novartis AG.
iPad is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
- Data on File. Abbott Medical Optics, Inc., 2016 DOF2016CT0034.
- Cahoon JM, et al. Comparison of venturi and peristaltic vacuum in phacoemulsification. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2015;41:428-432.
- Floyd M, Valentine J, et al. (2006) Effect of incisional friction and ophthalmic viscosurgical devices on the heat generation of ultrasound during cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg, 32, 1222-1226.
- Assil K et al. Transverse vs torsional ultrasound: prospective randomized contralaterally controlled study comparing two phacoemulsification-system handpieces. Clinical Ophthalmology. 2015:9 (1405-1411).
- Schmutz JS, Olson RJ. Thermal comparison of Infiniti OZil and Signature Ellips phacoemulsification systems. Am J Ophthalmol. 2010 May; 149:5(762-7).